Adam Kayoom, Adam Shahir Kayoom, Adam Vargus
Please allow me the honor and pleasure to introduce to you my favorite pro-fighter and BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) / Muay Thai instructor, Adam Kayoom. He's definitely the best pro-fighter from Malaysia in the BJJ, Muay Thai or MMA circles and have won numerous matches and championships thorough the world.
A man with deep passion for functional martial arts and competitive no holds barred fighting, he possessed a natural flair for fighting and is a quick learner of any fighting arts.
Adam is also a very technical and professional coach who demands the best from his students but knows exactly how to motivate them to train consistently, especially those who are serious about BJJ and Muay Thai.
I recalled the time when he told Kevin, one of our best blue belt in BJJ, no tapping few times during a roll with him, probably because he felt Kevin hasn't given his best yet, and to push him to perform better.
I remembered him teaching Sam (my BJJ coach) and Vince (my KDT coach) many detail submission techniques flowing smoothly from one to another. Such is his zeal for training that it rubs off on me, because everytime I see him he'll ask me enthusiastically do I still roll (practice BJJ), thus encouraging me to continue my BJJ class during the confusing initial phase.
Even though I have the privilege to train under Adam a couple of times only, I managed to pick up few very useful BJJ moves from this superb fighter. If you ever get the chance to train with him, don't miss it, and give your best effort.
ADAM KAYOOM aka ADAM VARGUSFight Record up to Dec 2007
- World Muay Thai Champion WPMF Middleweight 2006 & 2007
- Cambodia Muay Thai (also known as Muay Khmer) Champion Middleweight 2006 & 2007
- Ranked Top Ten Middleweight Muay Thai Fighter Rajadamnoen Stadium, Bangkok Thailand 2006 to 2007
- 1st Place Xtreme Fighting Championship II Middleweight 2003
- Amateur Shooto Champion Australia 2003
- 3 Times New South Wales State BJJ Champion Purple Belt Middleweight 2000-2003
- 1st Place BJJ Nitaroi Rio de Janerio Cyclone Cup Brazil Purple Belt Middleweight 1999
- 1st Place BJJ Rio Grande do Sul Champion Brazil Purple Belt Middleweight 1999
- 2 Times BJJ Australian Champion Blue Belt Middleweight 1996-1998
- Australian BJJ Champion Open Weight 1998
- 3 Times BJJ State Champion Blue Belt Middleweight 1996-1997
- Tae Kwon Do Light Heavyweight Champion ITF Australia 1995
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor - Bangkok BJJ and KDT Academy
- Muay Thai Instructor - Bangkok BJJ
- BJJ black belt under Professor Ricardo Liborio of American Top Team
- Crazy Monkey Defense Program Pro Trainer
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter BUNKAI WORLD and get:
The latest news and articles on classical and modern interpretation of Karate kata, Karate bunkai explanation, Kyusho Jutsu
techniques, combative and self defense issues. Subscribe now and get a FREE special article on Kissaki-Kai's hallmark Pyramid of Power and Heavy Hands principles.