Real Street Fighting Situation
Most people who use combat self-defense system in street fighting actually use combat Karate and other martial arts moves. These techniques were used in self-defense during street fights
and now the techniques have been further developed and perfected to be used in military form of fighting systems and have become quite popular across the world.
Since this is an ancient art and have been passed from one generation to another, some of the basic elements are either missing or have been misunderstood. Such things have led to ineffective street fighting techniques which in turn has proved improper execution and also in defeats.
There is still a lot of scope to correct the techniques; here one can use the Karate training to hone your skills. Karate has been developed to defend against both armed and unarmed attackers. Karate and street fighting has only one difference that is rigidness of Karate techniques.
Street fighting has one main element and that is speed and surprise which are mainly responsible for defeating the other opponents.
To be able to pull off a Karate move on the street, training is the only way to go. Every technique you use in street fighting has the potential to causing severe injuries to the adversaries.
You have to be extra careful when you practice street fighting techniques, delivering a strike to the solar plexus can seriously damage the heart which may even lead to death. Striking in the neck area can even cause blackout to the attacker.
Many types of strikes if used in combination can cause prolonged problems to the body and also in some cases death after some time, this is known as death touch.
The following are 8 streets fighting tips which you can apply right away:-
1. There are no set rules, only tactics of survival instinct.
2. The best option when being confronted in the street is to run from the scene. This means avoiding confrontation and fight only when it is absolutely must.
3. Look for an escape route or vanish from the scene as soon as possible.
4. If the fight is unavoidable, just hurt your opponent. Remember, if you do not do so you will get injured. Have a right mindset; you must have a killer instinct in you.
5. Use your body as a weapon to win the fight.
6. Every movement you use should be used to your advantage, i.e. move away from strikes and kicks.
7. You must only use the moves which you feel are effective. You have to learn these techniques well and you must have full confidence in these moves.
You must fight and deliver with full confidence and authority; any timid approach may end up in injuring yourself.
8. Whenever possible, you must sweep and throw your opponent to the ground as an attacker on the ground becomes quite ineffective.
Many street fighters like to target the head. These circular strikes are normally called “round house punches” by Karate exponents or “hook punches” by boxers. There has to be accuracy to pulling off this type of strike or it may not connect at the right point.
You must develop a good tactic to defend against this strike with your hands to protect your head. Therefore, always keep your hands up to protect your cranium. You will have to develop strength on your neck and shoulder to absorb the strike which is possible only with training and practice.
More Street Fighting Tips
If you are looking for more tips on how to fight on the street, check out the Street Fighting Uncaged web site for some legal (and some not legal) fighting techniques for extreme survival scenarios. Click on the link below to learn the "dirty" secrets of street fighting. ==> Click here to visit Street Fighting Uncaged now!
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter BUNKAI WORLD
The latest news and articles on classical and modern interpretation of Karate kata, Karate bunkai explanation, Kyusho Jutsu techniques, combative and self defense issues. Subscribe now and get a FREE special article on Kissaki-Kai's hallmark Pyramid of Power and Heavy Hands principles.